FIMER is the fourth largest solar inverter supplier in the world. Specializing in solar inverters and mobility systems, it has over 1,100 employees worldwide and offers a comprehensive solar solutions portfolio across all applications. With a presence in 26 countries, FIMER remains close to its customers and the ever-evolving dynamics of the energy industry. As we dare to be brave and embrace a willingness for change, we transform solar technology to create clean, affordable energy which truly benefits our customers and people worldwide.
Together we can shape the future of energy.
Reporting to the Global Business Controller, your key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the sales organization, focusing on Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Distribution and Logistics, pricing policy & execution, Regional Distribution centers and integrated Business Planning. Serves as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to Global/Local Manager. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Ensures an efficient organization of financial accounting and reporting processes in line with Group GAAP, local legal and tax requirements. Ensures financial reporting management in accordance with defined quality standards and required business/financial system closing schedules.
- Support risk assessment of business decisions based on knowledge of local regulations, customers, markets and overall interest of FIMER.
- Developing and performing financial planning and analysis, reporting to business managers and making suggestions for continuous
- Contributing to controlling initiatives for the global business. Leading process improvement and cost saving initiatives to protect and increase global profitability.
- Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Provides advice and support to the business within Treasury (hedging, payment conditions, guarantees, insurance, etc.) and manage AR & AP process and interface with service provider.
- Responsible jointly with the Tax function for timely filing of financial/tax reports of project branches.
- Promotes commercial awareness in the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan (such as T&Cs in supply management, claims, back-to-back conditions).
- Drives claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitors the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager upstream towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as downstream (towards suppliers).
- Act as business partner to the Project Director, responsible for all financial and commercial matters and actively driving the project’s performance.
- Reviews and takes joint responsibility with Tender Manager on financial, commercial and tax aspects.
- Ensures that tender calculation is done correctly, prepares cash-flow and exposure curve.
- Prepares a Project Financial Execution Plan (as part of an overall Project Execution Plan covering all financial, commercial and tax aspects such as permanent establishment, revenue recognition methods, billing plan, payment securities, consortium administration, import duties and VAT, etc.).
- Responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast. Prepares project invoices, manages currency risk, tax issues, bonds and guarantees, financial accounting and reporting (including project site accounting), drives and seeks for optimization of project cash flow, Revenues and GM contribution together with Project Director.
- Establishes project governance process. Participates in opportunity/risk identification, ensure that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. Drives, co-ordinates and prepares monthly project reviews jointly with the Project Manager. Reviews and has joint responsibility with the Project Manager for all financial aspects of the project including estimate at completion and related cost-to-complete, forecasted Revenues and Cash Flow, Risks and Opportunities assessment and ensure alignment with other functions including Project Controls, planning/scheduling”.
- Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Oversees implementation of internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Assesses business risk exposure and defines risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensures risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives that support strategic goals. Drives definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility.
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce / Business or an equivalent.
- Professional accountant qualifications (CPA/ CA) are a must.
- Exposure to high-volume products, distribution and front-end sales environment.
- Deep knowledge of finance and control processes and tools.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards financial reporting.
- Advanced Computer Software knowledge including SAP knowledge or experience, Microsoft Office & Lotus Notes.