The requested profile will be asked to develop embedded firmware for micro controllers and digital signal processors to control and manage high performance, real time, power processing systems.
It includes the implementation of digital communication protocols to program and monitor the devices, working very closely with hardware engineering.
The position reports to the Digital Control & Software Director.
Software / Firmware development
- Designs advanced management algorithms to control all the aspect of the device behavior, including:
- Data acquisition (digital/analog).
- Control algorithms.
- Communication protocols.
- Data analytics.
- Application configuration and update.
- Implements C/C++ firmware on embedded processors meeting overall cost targets and requirements coverage.
- Designs and implements GUI software applications (preferred C#) and scripts (preferred Python) for debug and testing.
- Performs all necessary validation and qualification of the software. Knows about and usually performs software testing.
- Is responsible about firmware validation on digital hardware, with proper tools and instruments.
- Embedded firmware development (microcontrollers/DSPs); programming languages: C, C++.
- Software development (C, C++, C#, Python) and testing.
- Industrial communication interfaces/protocols (e. g. Serial protocols, Modbus, RS485, CAN, I2C).
- Industrial communication peripherals (e. g. CAN, I2C, RS485, SPI, Ethernet).
- Firmware deployment context: bare metal and RTOS
NICE TO HAVE
- Has knowledge of web-oriented programming languages (e.g. HTML, JS, PHP).
- Has knowledge of web-oriented data modelling formats (e.g. JSON, XML) and DB resources (e.g. MySQL).
- Has knowledge of web-oriented transport and application protocols (e.g. HTTP, TCP, UDP).
- Has knowledge of Digital Signal Processing.
- Digital hardware design (schematics) and debug (instruments).
- Experience with FPGA devices.
- Works extremely well in a team setting, fosters cooperation.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, has an analytical mind set.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Engineering degree preferred in Electronics / Informatics.
- 3+ years experience in embedded software development.
- Fluent English knowledge (B2 or superior)
PLACE OF WORK
Terranuova Bracciolini (AR)
Profiles in line with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.