SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Firmware Senior Engineer is responsible for the design, develop and maintain embedded firmware for digital signal processors and micro controllers to control and manage high performance, real time, power processing systems. It includes the implementation of digital communication protocols to program and monitor the devices.
The professional will join the E-Mobility Lob R&D team and will report to E-Mobility R&D Manager.
- Is responsible for maintain and improve the software quality system in coordination with other engineering locations.
- Works very closely with hardware engineering.
- Analyzes and implements the documented design
- Supervise the software development in agreement with Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Gives the guidelines for all necessary validation and qualification of the software
- Performs all necessary validation and qualification of the software. Knows about and usually performs software testing.
- Approves all the team’s activity regarding: work and results, specification updating, data sheets, design documentation
TECHNICAL BACKGROUND – REQUIRED SKILLS
- In-depth experience in design of Real Time embedded systems.
- Good knowledge of microcontrollers drivers and pheripherals (Pulse-Width Modulation PWM ADC, CAN, I2C, RS485, SPI, …)
- Embedded firmware development (microcontrollers/DSPs); programming languages: C, C++. Nice to have: Assembly programming experience.
- Industrial communication interfaces/protocols ( e. g. Serial protocols, Modbus, RS485, CAN, I2C, …).
- Industrial communication protocols (e. g. Modbus, Ethercat, Profibus, Profinet).
- Has good knowledge of most common connectivity devices: Wi-Fi and Ethernet configuration, management and programming
- Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical/Electronics engineering field
- +5y of work experience in industrial electronics field
- Fluent English knowledge (B2 or superior), Italian mandatory
- Has leadership predisposition to effectively lead, support and inspire the team, fosters cooperation
- Demonstrates relentless pursuit of results; ability to recognize what delivers success and adjust methods accordingly
- Multitasking capability and to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, work enthusiast
PLACE OF WORK
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.