Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Local Org Unit: Service
Reporting Line: USA Country Manager
Number of Reports: 0
Level / Seniority: Minimum 5 years of experience in Trade Compliance, Import/Export
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-time
Education - Degree in Supply Chain Management
Languages – Spanish/Italian will be beneficial.
Experience - More than 5 years of experience in trade compliance, Import/Export.
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The Import-Export Compliance Analyst will join FIMER branch in USA with the aim to support the local Service Team. Reporting to the US Country Manager, and The Import/Export Compliance Analyst’s primary role is to understand import/export laws and regulations and help FIMER maintain and improve compliance with US export and import regulations. The Analyst develops and manages internal and external relationships with FIMER employees, customers, vendors and suppliers, and with various compliance groups in order to effectively manage our compliance requirements for import and export transactions. This employee makes decisions and guides others at FIMER to understand and satisfy the intricacies of import and export compliance.
- Makes export compliance decisions, including classifying and qualifying goods for export, signing certificates and SLIs, maintaining records, and helping management team control costs associated with exporting goods.
- Makes import compliance decisions such as analysis of documents for import compliance, cost control, and records control.
- Works closely with the appropriate departments to answer compliance related questions, including best choice of incoterms, certificates of insurance, and credit considerations.
- Responsible for ISF/EEI filings related to import/export compliance. Updates at least annually. Maintains appropriate records of qualification for various trade agreements.
- Determines country of origin and duty preference eligibility under free trade agreements (“FTAs”)/preferences
- Consults with Customs Broker/Freight Forwarder as needed to answer any questions
- Obtains current compliance documentation from FIMER suppliers and maintains the records.
- Directs the research of the engineering team in order to gather the right information for making qualification and classification decisions.
- Maintains FIMER’s local import/export compliance manual.
- Trains employees, as requested, in the basic requirements of import/export compliance.
- Oversees and participates as required in all compliance audits and manages any corrective actions needed.
- Represents FIMER Products at meetings of local, regional, and state import/export compliance organizations as required.
- Networks effectively at the state level to protect FIMER Products’ interests as an importer/exporter of goods.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as requested or required
- More than 5 years of experience in trade compliance, Import/Export.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office and SAP ERP systems.
- Knowledge of SCM, transport and logistics processes.
- Logistics and supply chain experience required.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience / knowledge in Solar industry
- Responsive and proactive behavior; demonstrated responsibility for and ownership of issues.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with Service team and with other company functions
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!