Location: Terranuova Bracciolini (Arezzo), Italy
Local Org Unit: Mechanical Engineering
Reporting Line: Mechanical Design Team Manager
Level / Seniority: Junior Level
Employment Contract Type: Permanent; Full-Time
Education - Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or Technical High school diploma
Languages - English knowledge (minimum B1)
Experience – 2y experience in Mechanical design roles in in similar contexts (electrics, electronics manufacturing, lighting, household appliances or automotive companies)
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The required profile will support the mechanical structure of the solar inverter, interfacing with the hardware design and respecting the specifications received from marketing, cost requirements and regulations. He/she will participate to all the process of product/component: from conceptualization to development and to the product release on production.
- Working closely with the design team and defining mechanical project (production technologies, materials, components, heat dissipation system, etc.) according to the specifications and production volumes, ensuring performance, costs, compliance with production flow standards and the quality of the product.
- 3D modelling with parametric CAD and creating technical drawings of mechanical parts.
- Carry out feasibility studies and cost analysis.
- Study and optimization of the product layout in collaboration with hardware design, quality and manufacturing.
- Collaboration with the electrical CAD department for the optimization of printed circuits (PCB).
- Co-design with suppliers to optimize the components and the related production process and cost.
- Interface with suppliers to follow the construction of the equipment within the expected times / costs.
- Identifying of any problems or errors in the design system and interface with Quality and/or Production to provide support and troubleshooting.
- Benchmarking of the main competitors: analysis of products, materials and technologies used, cost analysis.
- Experience with performing 3D modeling and 2D mechanical designs of mechanical parts realized in/by sheet metal, plastic (injection molding), die casted aluminum, extruded aluminum.
- Good knowledge of the specific characteristics of different materials
- Good knowledge of the production processes for the different components (e.g. metal carpentry, punching, welding, extrusion, plastic injection, aluminum diecasting, aluminum extrusion).
- Good knowledge of three-dimensional software SolidWorks®.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of PTC Creo Parametric software
- Knowledge of the main rapid prototyping technologies
- Basic electrical/electronic knowledge is appreciated
- Good knowledge of Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Handedness skills, passion for mechanical projects
- Multitasking capability and to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with R&D teams and with other company functions (Manufacturing, Marketing, Product Management)
NICE TO HAVE
- Precision, organization, and attention to details
- Demonstrates relentless pursuit of results; ability to recognize what delivers success and adjust methods accordingly
- Willing to constant learning
- Schedule adherence
- Design quality
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post.
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!