FIMER is the fourth largest solar inverter supplier in the world. Specializing in solar inverters and mobility systems, it has over 1,100 employees worldwide and offers a comprehensive solar solutions portfolio across all applications. With a presence in 26 countries, FIMER remains close to its customers and the ever-evolving dynamics of the energy industry.
As we dare to be brave and embrace a willingness for change, we transform solar technology to create clean, affordable energy which truly benefits our customers and people worldwide.
Together we can shape the future of energy.
Reporting to the Country Manager, your key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking grid connection studies and supporting utility-scale power system modelling team in-line with current Australian Standards, National Electricity Rules and best practice.
- Performing system concept design, power system modelling, Dynamic and Steady-State Analysis using PSS®E, PSCAD, PowerFactory.
- Performing harmonic assessment studies.
- Preparation of NSPs Grid Connection application documents and technical reports, Interface with clients and NSPs/AEMO for information gathering and technical discussions.
- Support power system studies to define the generator performance standards (GPS) through fine tuning the site-specific parameters.
- Undertake generator performance standards compliance testing, model validation (R2) testing, and generator registration with AEMO, including liaising with site-based personnel during onsite commissioning.
- Bachelor or higher Degree in Electrical or Power Systems Engineering.
- More than 3 years of experience in power systems engineering, power electronics and grid modelling.
- Detailed knowledge of National Electricity Rules, GPS studies, R1 and R2 process.
- Knowledge of renewable energy power plant design and application (preferably solar PV and/or energy storage).
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of Electricity Distribution Systems and Power System Software (PSS®E, PSCAD, PowerFactory).
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects or utility experience.
- Ability to interpret power system analysis results.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Experienced with project management and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Legal right to work in Australia is required.
- Role is based in Preston, Victoria.