Location: Melbourne, Australia
Function: Power Systems
Local Org Unit: Power Systems
Reporting Line: R&D Manager
Level / Seniority: At least 3 years of experience as a Power Systems Engineer
Employment Contract Type: Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The candidate will be responsible for solar inverter power system model and product feature development as well as supporting utility solar and energy storage project sales and delivery in Australia.
- Undertaking grid connection studies and supporting power system modelling team for utility scale solar and energy storage projects.
- Working closely with project developers, investors, consultants, NSPs and AEMO to understand specific project requirements and resolve any product related modelling or functional issues.
- Performing system concept design, power system modelling, Dynamic and Steady-State Analysis using PSSE, PSCAD, PowerFactory.
- Development of dynamic controller models in MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Preparation of NSPs Grid Connection application documents and technical reports, interface with clients and NSPs/AEMO for information gathering and technical discussions.
- Engaging in model development activities and providing support to global R&D team.
- Proven experience on GPS studies and record of grid connection applications in the NEM.
- Proficient in PSS®E, PSCAD, and PowerFactory.
- Proficient in MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Proficient in Python coding language; knowledge of FORTRAN coding is preferable.
- Detailed knowledge of National Electricity Rules, GPS study requirements, AEMO R1 and R2 process for grid connected generators.
- Knowledge of renewable energy power plant design and application.
- Ability to interpret power system analysis results.
NICE TO HAVE
- PhD degree in power system or electrical engineering.
- Experience in concept model development.
- Experience in performing harmonic assessment studies in PowerFactory.
- Strong control theory background or experience.
- Knowledge of automation systems and SCADA.
- Knowledge of SIEMENS PLC programming and using TIA portal.
- Knowledge of hardware-in-loop simulator such as RTDS, Typhon, or Opal-RT
- Education: Bachelor or higher Degree in Power Systems Engineering.
- Experience: More than 3 years of experience in power systems engineering, power electronics and grid modelling.
- Language: English Native
- Collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with remote teams in our other offices locally and globally.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team in problem solving.
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, having the ability to adapt quickly and work to tight deadlines.
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post.
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!