SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Supporting FIMER’s Solar Business as a Sales & Tendering Engineer, reporting through to the Sales Manager you will contribute to all aspects of the technical and commercial sales tendering support for customers and distributors for the Australia business.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years experience in the solar business
LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia
- Provide sales growth in vertical market segments including solar energy, energy storage, C&I and Electric Vehicle applications.
- Create business opportunities with customers and offer technical consultancy of products and solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with EPCs, system integrators, consultants, end-users, along with local distribution businesses.
- Point of contact for projects tendering, EOI response and projects documentations
- Support the tendering process to develop new business in energy projects.
- Technical interface with sales, commercial operations, engineering, product management, construction contractors, Logistics, Proposals team, project Management and other cross functional teams for all engineering documents and inputs
- Technical input for the preparation of tenders and offers in line with customers technical/administrative requirements furnished in tender/requirements/needs.
- Review of technical scope and documentation submissions from customers and subcontractors against contractual obligations, industry standards, safety compliance and best practice.
- Interpret contractual specifications to produce technical specifications.
- Ensure inverter station works scope are defined and documentation are submitted in a timely manner.
- Leads the business process improvement initiatives relating to Engineering Documentation, including templates, standardization and process.
- Identify improvements in existing scope, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure all projects and engineering activities and documents are correctly archived.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with both Projects and Services site teams for continuous improvement on tender inputs and project deliverables
- Perform costing of jobs, handle submission of quotes and purchase orders
- Perform order processing from quotation and delivery
- Liaise with customers and vendors on order requirements
- Responsible for assigned customers’ sales revenue and margin targets
- Providing technical and commercial support for customers and distributors within Australia
- Working with Sales Team to obtain requirements, generation of quotations and subsequent follow-up actions
- Supporting the preparation of tender bid documents as and when necessary
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Relevant education, e.g. Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology
- Interpretation and application of the Regulatory framework as they apply to the FIMER technology and prospective projects.
- Minimum 2-3 years previous solar industry experience with power converter products, solar inverters or solar Farm EPC project engineering, and construction.
- Understanding of project management and engineering processes.
- Proficient in a range of general computer packages (e.g Word, excel, AutoCAD, etc).
- Proven ability to prepare high quality reports suitable for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with highly developed interpersonal and Organisational skills.
- Flexibility to travel to site and interstate
PLACE OF WORK: Melbourne, Australia and paid according to local terms and conditions