Location: Bangalore, India
Function: Supply Chain Management
Local Org Unit: Supply Chain Management
Reporting Line: Supply Chain Manager
Level / Seniority: 10-12 years’ experience
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Education: Degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Languages: Fluent English knowledge with conversant in local language added advantage
Experience: 6 -7 years sourcing experience in Solar Inverter, Drives, Wind Converter products.
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Senior Engineer – Sourcing is responsible for sourcing of the components for the solar inverter product, Multiple supplier development for capacity enhancement, alternate supplier / Product identification, Qualification and validation, cost reduction of the components and reduction of the overall product BOM cost. Reports to the SCM Manager
• Develop a multiple vendor base wrt. organisation strategy.
• Alternate supplier / product identification, Qualification, and validation.
• Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
• Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies.
• Cost analysis, budgeting, forecasting, market and supplier research and analysis.
• Work with business partners to identify and drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) process improvements to reduce costs.
• Drives strategic cost management (lean/ continuous improvement programs / should-cost models)
• Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality to deliver Best-In-Class pricing (Cost Models, Benchmarking, Market Intelligence).
• Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for lower value, high value items
• Ensures world-class supply base (supplier selection and allocation, standardization, negotiation and contracting, supplier performance rating and measurement)
• Proactively ensures long term capacity and the availability of scarce components
• Do cost benchmarking exercise for the critical parts sourced.
• Support New product development involving suppliers at early stage of design/development action
• Multitasking capability and self-adjustment ability to after non-successful tests
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE
• Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with R&D teams and with other company functions
• Alternate component validation & approvals
• Cost reduction of overall product
• Time adherence
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!