SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The requested profile will be asked to develop embedded software for microcontrollers and digital signal processors to control and manage high performance, real time, power processing systems.
It includes the implementation of communication protocols to program and monitor the devices, working closely with hardware engineering.
The position reports to the Digital Control & Embedded Software Manager.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years experience in embedded software development.
LOCATION: Terranuova Bracciolini (AR)
- Software / Firmware development
- Designs advanced management algorithms to control all the aspect of the device behavior, including:
- Data acquisition (digital/analog).
- Control algorithms.
- Communication protocols.
- Implements C/C++ firmware on embedded processors meeting overall cost targets and requirements coverage.
- Performs all necessary validation and qualification of the software. Knows about and usually performs software testing.
- Is responsible about firmware validation on digital hardware, with proper tools and instruments.
- Firmware development (microcontrollers/DSPs); programming languages: C, C++.
- Has knowledge of Digital Signal Processing.
- Industrial communication interfaces/protocols (e. g. Serial protocols, Modbus, RS485, CAN) and communication peripherals (e. g. CAN, SCI, SPI).
NICE TO HAVE
- Digital hardware design (schematics) and debug (instruments).
- Experience with FPGA devices.
- Engineering degree preferred in Electrical / Electronics / Automation.
- 3-5 years experience in embedded software development.
- Fluent English knowledge (B2 or superior)
- Works extremely well in a team setting, fosters cooperation.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, has an analytical mind set.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
PLACE OF WORK: Terranuova Bracciolini (AR)
Profiles in line with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted.