Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Local Org Unit: Sales
Reporting Line: Vice President of Technology
Level / Seniority: Minimum 3 years of experience in similar roles
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
As Technical Sales Engineer, you will support the sales team and customers directly with your expertise in solar inverter and battery storage applications in the US market. You will also gather and internally communicate market requirements, regulatory changes, and customer preferences to inform product management teams in line with the global product strategy. Reporting to VP – Technology for the US, you will work with customers on residential, commercial, and utility scale projects to help drive sales and increase market share.
- Provide technical product and integration support to sales and customers for product introduction, detailed evaluation and qualification, and project delivery.
- Evaluate and share customer voice, regulatory changes, market conditions and competitor analysis to product management team.
- Support and manage customer design and interconnection processes with Fimer products, directly and with third party engineering firms and other professional organizations as needed.
- Support sales and product integration efficiency by delivering appropriate product knowledge information, providing training (customers and sales), and encouraging collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
- Attend and present at customer meetings, tradeshows, and conferences in person and on-line, as needed.
- Write technical briefs, white papers, and application notes as requested.
- Knowledge of and experience with related sections of the National Electric Code (NEC) and applicable regulatory standards is required.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and market trends.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, with strong communication and customer-relationship-building skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Sound knowledge of the solar market, in particular knowledge of inverter and battery storage technology in residential/commercial & industrial/utilities scale is preferred.
- Project Management/coordination skills are desired.
- Working knowledge of 3D design tools (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of solar design tools (PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora, etc.) is preferred.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience – Minimum 3 years of related design or technical sales experience.
- Language - English mother tongue
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!