Location: Melbourne, Australia
Function: Control Systems
Local Org Unit: Power Systems
Reporting Line: Power Systems Engineer
Level / Seniority: Mid Level
Employment Contract Type: 6 Months Contract / Full Time
Education - Degree in Electrical or Control / Electrical Engineering.
Experience - Minimum 2 years as Control System Engineer, power electronics and automation systems.
Languages - Fluent English knowledge (B2 or superior).
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The candidate will join the Company and be responsible for development of PLC-based controller systems, models, and logic programming for utility solar PV/BESS projects in Australia.
- Designing, developing, and implementing plant and inverter controller system models and features to control grid connected solar PV & battery inverters.
- Identifying the suitable target hardware for new product development.
- Translating applicable application, regulatory and legislative requirements into engineering requirements and create design suitable for target hardware.
- Developing product prototype.
- Implementing controller models and testing on hardware-in-loop simulator.
- Testing and debugging controller models on target hardware.
- Supporting power system modelling team to develop product model on power system simulator.
- Support the R&D team to implement the product model into the existing inverter firmware.
- Undertake product type testing. Develop product documentation and user manuals.
- Good experience working on Model Based Design e.g., MATLAB Simulink and embedded control code e.g., “C” programming.
- Prior experience working with industrial PLCs, and RTUs.
- Prior experience working with PLC programming.
- Detailed knowledge of control systems, SCADA, Modbus, and other communication protocols.
- Experienced with using Real-Time Simulators (Opal-RT and Typhoon).
- Knowledge of power plant controllers and power systems for grid connected generators.
- Knowledge of PSSE/PSCAD/ PowerFactory is desirable.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with control of power electronics inverters (such as PWM strategies for 3phase converters, control loops of 3 phase converters such as current control, dc voltage control, active or reactive power control).
- Experience with grid connection and compliance assessment.
- Experience with Python.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Multitasking capability and self-adjustment ability to after non-successful tests.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE
- Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with R&D teams and with other company functions
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post.
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!