Location: Bangalore, India
Function: Utility/Central Inverters
Local Org Unit: Product Development
Reporting Line: Manager, Product development & post-sales support
Number of Reports: Individual contributor
Level / Seniority: Minimum 2-4 years
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Education: Master’s degree in Power Electronics and Control systems
Languages: Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Experience: Approximately 2 -4 years job experience in design and development in high power converters like Inverter, Rectifiers
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Develop three level power stacks for central converters for solar/BESS applications and other upcoming products. Good understanding of different three level converter topologies like NPC, ANPC etc.
Collaborate with the firmware engineers to assure firmware functionality working as per the international standard and as per the specification. Ensures observance of specifications, under consideration of market and technology trends. Loss calculation, paralleling of units, Protection, Validation, and signalization.
• Defining specifications and requirements for product hardware to meet worldwide standards.
• Proving design concepts through a combination of circuit simulations and prototyping.
• Monitors and document the solution performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
• Mentoring the team with respect to design, ensuring that defined technical standards are compiled as part of product development.
• Conducts FMEA analysis to evaluate reliability and ensure that there are no product safety / liability concerns.
• Monitoring development and deriving test plans to verify electrical, environmental, and functional compliance.
• Develop test zigs to test individual components during the development stage.
• Responsible for documentation of test plan and test reports.
• DC link balancing in NPC/ANPC three level topologies.
• Dwell time calculations to meet the initial specifications and requirements freezed.
• Working knowledge of circuit simulation tools like DigSilent, SIMULINK/MATLAB and HILS
• Hands on experience on using power meters, oscilloscopes, DC supplies and other lab test equipment.
• Basic understanding of firmware development, FPGA and Microprocessors.
• Excellent skills in circuit debugging and troubleshooting.
• Experience in writing technical documents such as hardware requirements, product design specifications, test specifications and board level design details etc.
• Strong knowledge in component selections and system integration
• Multitasking capability and self-adjustment ability to after non-successful tests
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE
• Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with all teams and with other company functions
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!