Location: Bangalore, India
Function: Product Engineering
Local Org Unit: Product Engineering & Design
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager
Level / Seniority: minimum 6-7 years experience
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Education: Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Languages: Fluent English knowledge with conversant in local language added advantage
Experience: Approximately 6 -7 years job experience in Solar Inverter, Drives, Wind Converter cabinets Engineering Design.
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Senior Engineer – Electrical Design is responsible for the design, verification & validation of the components for the solar inverter product, alternate supplier product validation, cost reduction of the components and reduction of the the overall product BOM cost.
• Hands on experience with component level design/engineering for solar inverter / any PE converter cubicles. (Capacitors, Inductors, selection of other peripheral components).
• Reliability study of the components.
• Testing, verifying, validation and approval of the alternate components.
• Knowledge on the IEC & UL standards of the Solar Inverter & Electrical Components.
• Component level design & validation for the DC link capacitors, LCL design and other peripheral circuits components of Inverter/converter.
• Working experience with product localization programme, with knowledge of different stages of localization.
• Various country Grid code analysis.
• Experience on Simulation model of Inverter will be added advantage
• Product documentation, Component test document validation etc.
• Site Failure Analysis of the Product & component
• Experience in Product engineering – BOM Preparation, Electrical schematic updating, Engineering Change Note management, basic idea on mechanical GA drawings.
• Working Knowledge of SAP S4 Hana System and Agile in an added advantage
• Prior working experience with Power electronics converters or drives engineering preferably in Inverters or converters.
• Good technical knowledge of power conversion, power electronic products particularly in the solar inverters, converters, or drive products in MW scale range.
• Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP S4).
• E Plan
• Multitasking capability and self-adjustment ability to after non-successful tests
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE
• Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with R&D teams and with other company functions
• Alternate component validation & approvals
• Cost reduction of overall product
• Time adherence
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!