Location: Bangalore, India
Function: Product Engineering
Local Org Unit: Product Engineering & Design
Reporting Line: Manager - Mechanical Design & Engg.
Level / Seniority: minimum 5-7 years
Employment Contract Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Languages: Fluent English knowledge with conversant in local language added advantage
Experience: Approximately 5 -7 years job experience in R&D sector
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Senior Engineer – R&D Mechanical Design is responsible for designing, verification & validation of the mechanical sheet metal enclosure and busbar design components for the Solar Inverter Product, Product Components Localization, Alternate Supplier product validation and cost reduction meeting to budget cost. Reducing the Overall product BOM cost. Must have in-depth knowledge in CAE/CFD analysis.
• Good technical knowledge and prior working experience in mechanical sheet metal enclosure and busbar design as well as structural design such as skids and containers.
• Very good experience of working with Sheet metal, assembly and drawing workbench in Creo Parametric tool. Knowledge of using SAP and PLM tools like windchill.
• Good working experience on the use of mechanical related software analysis tools such as load bearing, strength analysis etc. and to read, understand and validate CAE/CFD analysis and its structural reports.
• Good knowledge on ISO standards for implementing the same in various stages of design like corrosion and environmental classes, welding, dimensional tolerances, powder coating and painting, IP etc.
• Knowledge on the IEC &UL standards of the Solar Inverter & Electrical Components will be an added advantage.
• Making sampling and design validation in coordination with respective vendors.
• Working experience with design of enclosure ingress protection (IP), gasketing techniques, painting techniques, enclosure frame/door/cover design to match the IP.
• Knowledge of different corrosion classes and related standards. Implement the same in the design of mechanical enclosure.
• Providing ideas for cost reduction, design improvement and presenting to management.
• Keeping close interaction with manufacturing, sourcing and quality team and outside vendors and stake holders.
• Resolving production issues/ customer issues / vendor issues in correlation with cross functional teams.
• Visiting vendor places and conducting material inspection and making report.
• Preferable: Experience with component level design/ mechanical engineering for solar inverter /any PE converter cubicles.
• Working experience with product localization program, with knowledge of different stages of localization.
• Preparation of design requirement documentation, technical validation of components.
• Site Failure Analysis of the Product & component
• Experience in Product engineering – BOM Preparation, Engineering Change Note management, preparation of mechanical GA and internal GA drawings.
• Working Knowledge of SAP S4 Hana System and Agile is an added advantage
• Knowledge of industrial safety standards.
• Knowledge of Creo Parametric and Windchill, ERP systems (SAP S4).
• Sheet metal and busbar design technical knowledge
• Knowledge in validation of CAE/CFD reports and its documentation.
• Multitasking capability and self-adjustment ability to after non-successful tests
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE
• Highly motivated and self-driven, teamwork predisposition, both with R&D teams and with other company functions
• In depth knowledge in R&D sector
• Overall cost reduction
• Time adherence
All candidates interested should submit their applications through the LinkedIn job post.
Professionals aligned with requested profile will be contacted; we thank in advance the other candidates, who will not be given direct feedback, we will keep their profiles highlighted for future opportunities.
FIMER promotes an equal opportunity and diverse environment – all applications from talented individuals are welcome!